Club Constitution and By Laws
Since our incorporation in 2008, Dunbar Rovers FC has undergone significant growth and development. Our membership has expanded year on year and for 2019 have 19 ESFA Senior Teams & 18 Junior Teams.
A major review of the club’s constitution was conducted in 2015 and our new club constitution was ratified by members in Sept 2015 and registered.
Please click here to view the current club constitution.
Annual General Meetings
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held at the end of each season. They are held upon completion of the audit of the Club’s year end accounts.
Club Committee (The Board)
Dunbar Rovers FC is only as successful as its committee. Being a member of the Board or one of the sub committees (working groups) is a rewarding and challenging experience. It is important that the roles are clear and followed through to ensure the viability of the Club in the future.
The role and responsibility of the committee is to:
- co‐ordinate the planning of activities in a manner which ensures the aims and objectives of the club are fulfilled
- carry out the recommendations of members as expressed at the annual general meeting
- provide members with detailed information regarding the running of the club
- monitor the performance of the club officials (according to their job descriptions), to see they are carrying out their functions. Also it monitors the performance of any sub‐committees or club employees
- ensure that all committee members are well‐versed in past activities and the reasons for previous decisions, making sure any deviations from these are fully considered
- negotiate training opportunities for Administrators and Coaches, provide detailed written and oral records and job descriptions to a newly elected committee so they can settle into their duties quickly
- planning and budgeting for the future
- ensure that all members of the committee are role models in the area of leadership
- ensure members abide by the code of conduct and ensure the club’s sustainable future through adopting a risk management approach that considers the health of the club and its members as a priority
Sub Committees and Working Groups
Dunbar Rovers FC currently has the following sub committees:
a. Football Operations
c. Communications & Website