Ten man O35B’s beat Loko 3 -1

In a catch up game Dunbar Rovers O35Bs found themselves back at Alexandria Park to take on basement dwellers Locomotive Cove.

Starting the game with just nine players, due to holidays and injuries, Dunbar still had the skill and movement to quickly get on top of their lowly opponents.

So, it was no surprise when we took the lead, with the club’s leading scorer Marko getting himself on the scoresheet about 15 mins in.

Picking up the ball out wide from Graham White’s through ball, Marko cut inside the full back and to the surprise of many, including the Locomotive keeper, he smashed the ball home inside the near post.

At 1-0, Dunbar then got ten players on the field when Kenny eventually arrived after sleeping in!

The additional player added to Dunbar’s dominance and the team soon found themselves 2 up. The hard working Marko intercepted some poor defensive play, and with the keeper in a terrible position, he passed to Graham who lobbed the ball into the empty net.

Dunbar continued to boss the game and went close on several occasions. Graham smashed the crossbar with a dipping half volley from 25 yards, Giggsy also scrapped the bar from distance and Marko went close again.

The half time whistle could not come fast enough for Locomotive.

The second half was less active than the first, with Dunbar easing off slightly to reserve some energy for Sunday’s game in this weekend’s double header.

As a result, Locomotive enjoyed more possession, but never looked like scoring with the back four of Nathan, Todd, Kenny and Alex marshalling the line well.

But when Dunbar wanted to play, we always looked likely to add to our advantage, which eventually came around the 60 min mark.

With some neat passes out left, Richard from the O45s pushed the ball into Graham’s run in to the box. Cutting inside the centre half, he had the simple task of side footing home for his second of the game.

Further chances fell to Giggsy, Jacey, Marko, Graham and Richard, but Dunbar couldn’t find more goals.

With about 10 mins to go, a Locomotive striker just got to a back pass from Alex ahead of Taggy, who inadvertently tripped the guy to concede a penalty, which they converted to make it 3-1.

After the game Taggy said he misjudged the pass because he was looking up – at what we will never know.

So, 3-1 it remained at the final whistle to give Dunbar all three points.

With two or three players coming back in to the squad for tomorrow’s match, it will be nice to have a full complement and perhaps one or two subs!

Today’s win puts Dunbar back in to the top 5.


Marko Vuckovic
Graham White
Graham White