Ressies Match Report

The Ressies had a busy weekend with 2 games in 3 days .

The first game – away against Maroubra United. The first half was a bit scrappy with Dunbar having a lot of chances and keeping a lot of the ball, a couple of decent chances fell to captain Joel Hampson, who was unlucky with a header and a volley from inside the area. Equally unlucky was Russell Gallagher who hit the cross bar from close range. At the other end of the pitch, Goalkeeper Jimmy Meyer was in fine form pulling off 3 great saves to keep the scores level at half time.

The second half began with a goal from Tom Cook from close range making a late run into the box to slot home to make it 1-0, After that goal, it was one way traffic, moments later a cross in from the left hand side was met by Ali Simpson at the far post to head into the roof of the net and that was 2-0.

The third wasn’t long in coming, good work in the box from Mike Sealy who banged it in via the cross bar to make it 3-0 and game over. Dunbar who were in total control by this point added a 4th and a 5th through Jordan Wilson with a long range effort from half a yard out and top scorer Dave Lynes who returned from injury with a tap in from an unselfish ball from Joel Hampson.

Final score
Maroubra United 0-5 Dunbar Rovers

It was a cold night over at Alexandria Park on Monday and the Ressies were certainly up for the task against a tricky Loko team.

Dunbar took the lead after 18 mins when Matty Pickover received the ball on the right hand side, Matty picked out the run of Tom Cook with a great ball only for the Loko defender to get the before him and slot a volley past his own keeper to give Dunbar a 1-0 advantage.

The first half was pretty much over with both teams having efforts on goal but the score remained 1-0 Dunbar at Half time.

Loko came out the second half looking the equaliser but the Dunbar defence were on form and looking good for another clean sheet. The second decisive goal came midway in the second half – a long ball played over the top was nodded back towards the Loko keeper which Matthew Pickover read, and sprinted on to the failed back pass to toe pole home past the advancing Loko keeper, to make life more comfy for Dunbar in the last 20 mins.

The game was rounded of with Joel Hampson getting his first goal of the season,a free kick bent in by Mike Sealy was headed into the far corner of the net to make it 3-0

2 tough games in 3 days for the Ressies which is followed by another touch game in 3rd placed Phoenix at Moore Park on Saturday

Final score
Loko Cove 0-3 Dunbar Rovers